Friday, August 14, 2026

Friday Features 39

Happy Friday!

It's been almost two months, but today I'm back participating in five blog hops!  (Usually there are six on Fridays, but I didn't see the usual link-up for one of them.) You can click on the host links below to find the blogs of others who are participating in each blog hop. If you're a blogger, feel free to join through the host links.

Question: Is there a book you keep coming back to, reading it more than once?
My response:  Not really. I rarely re-read books unless it's to refresh my memory for a book club. There are so many books on my TBR that I'd rather just keep moving forward. I do, however, read series. Because of that, I frequently revisit the same characters and cozy towns.

Today's excerpts are from the e-book format of Shifting and Shenanigans (Magical Mystery Book Club 1), by Elizabeth Pantley.

Here's the beginning:
"Hello! Paige? Where are you?"
"In the living room," I called out, then mumbled to myself, "Marinating on the sofa and contemplating my crumbling life."

And here's an excerpt from 56%:
We were baffled at Zell's actions, and a minute later we heard what sounded like a big splash, and Zell saying, "Woops!" then Daisy saying, "It's okay, Zell. I'll go get a mop."

I finished this book today and my review will be published next week, so I hope you'll come back to read it. (Spoiler alert: I loved it!)

The girls had their annual vet visits in July. They received clean bills of health.  As usual, Fiona was the calmer one. The vet was able to examine Bell's mouth when she opened it wide to hiss. Hey, whatever works! Also as usual, Bell hissed at Fiona periodically at home for the next 24 hours or so. When she wasn't hissing or growling at her, she was giving her "the look" as if to say going to the vet was all Fiona's fault. Fiona smacked Bell across the face, which put her in a place for a while. After a couple more hisses from Bell later, they were back to their usual selves. It's always a process...

This is a throwback photo of when they were kittens. I used this picture to create the image of the cats on my blog's logo, which is on the upper left sidebar.




I'm so happy we have Black-eyed Susans in my condo community. It's the Maryland State Flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Caboodle of Cozies. I love reading comments from my readers! In order to prevent spam, all comments are moderated and I try to publish them within 24 hours of when they are submitted.