Friday, August 28, 2026

Friday Features 40

Happy Friday!

Today I'm once again participating in six blog hops. You can click on the host links below to find the blogs of others who are participating in each blog hop. If you're a blogger, feel free to join through the host links.

Question: What grabs you and keeps you hooked in a book.
My response:  It's a combination of ingredients, like a compelling plot and a cozy setting, but I'd say it's mostly the characters. If they're entertaining and I feel like I could be friends with them, I'm likely to stick around.

Today's excerpts are from the e-book format of Bakeries and Buffoonery (Magical Mystery Book Club 4), by Elizabeth Pantley.

Here's the beginning:
A rhythmic tapping on the wall started somewhere near the front door. It moved down the hall toward us, and then Frank, our dashing Siamese library cat, burst into the room with the swagger he was so good at. The tapping continued, his nails clicking on the hardwood floor in a pulsating beat. He started to shimmy his shoulders and hum a tune. As if that wasn't odd enough, he began to rap.

And here's an excerpt from 56%:
"Wait 'til you hear this stuff." I took photos of the pages from the first chapter. "Let's head out. We need to get back to the inn so I can share all this with the group. We need to call an emergency book club meeting."
I finished reading this book and my review will be published next week, so I hope you'll come back to find out why this is quickly becoming a favorite series of mine.

Fiona was just waking up from her early morning nap (not to be confused with her late morning nap). She rolled over onto her back...and just stayed in that position. I guess when you find yourself in a comfortable position, why move? She stayed like this for several minutes.





Isn't this flower beautiful? I haven't taken the time look it up yet. Does anyone know what it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Caboodle of Cozies. I love reading comments from my readers! In order to prevent spam, all comments are moderated and I try to publish them within 24 hours of when they are submitted.