Friday, October 9, 2026

Friday Features 41

Happy Friday!

It's been over a month since I published Friday Features. Some things have changed in the blogosphere since then.  I will be participating in five blog hops. You can see the posts from those who are participating by clicking on the highlighted host links below, and if you're a blogger you can participate as well.

Question: Do you run more than one blog? If so, how do you manage your time?
My response:  I run two blogs - the one you're reading now that I started in 2022 and another one I started more than ten years ago. I only post on the older one once a year on my best friend's birthday and I keep it mostly private. It's become my way of documenting highlights from the year. I write it in the form of a letter to my best friend. She passed in 2010 and she is the inspiration for both of my blogs.

Today's snippets are from the e-book format of Murder in the Upper Crust (Deep Dish Mystery 6), by Mindy Quigley.

Here's the beginning:
I zested another lemon, adding the sunny yellow curls to the small mountain on the cutting board. My best friend, Sonya Perlman-Dokter, stood next to me, and if she hadn't been so preoccupied, she would have noticed that we already had more than enough zest to make the lemon-and-burrata flatbread pizza we were serving for lunch. In fact, I'd stress-zested enough peel to dress the salad, garnish the lemon tart that would accompany the meal, and render a small scale model of the Venus de Milo entirely in lemon zest.

And here's a snippet from 56%:
When she stepped into the cheery sunlight streaming in the windows, I gasped. Her hands were clenched, her jaw locked. Even the muscles around her eyes looked tight. The energy she gave off was like a rubber band on the brink of snapping.
This was an ARC that I already read and reviewed. I really enjoyed it. The book is set to be released later this month. You can read my full review here.

I visited a cat cafΓ© a few months before adopting Bell and Fiona. I saw a tunnel similar to this one and I noticed how much fun the cats were having with it. So I decided when Bell and Fiona were adopted they would have one too. They love it. Sometimes they play in it, sometimes they sleep in it, and sometimes they make it move like an inch worm. Can you guess which one is in the tunnel here?

We typically don't have a lot of fall colors until late October, but some patches are starting to turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Caboodle of Cozies. I love reading comments from my readers! In order to prevent spam, all comments are moderated and I try to publish them within 24 hours of when they are submitted.