Saturday, August 15, 2026

Sunday Post 145

Hi everyone!

Through Monday, I am linking with the following: 

First, I have a question. On which device do you typically read my blog or any blog? Mobile phone, desktop computer, or something else? I ask because I noticed last week that my Sunday Post looked different on my desktop computer than it did on my phone. So I'm curious where most people read it.

Except for technicians who were here for what seemed like all afternoon on Thursday, it was a fairly quiet week. The HVAC company who has been servicing the HVAC now has a plumbing department and the contract covers both of them. So first the plumber came and then the HVAC techs came.

By the time the plumber came, the cats had already been fed. They were working hard on their afternoon naps when the plumber arrived. They were sleeping in the library, so I closed the door and left them in there. At one point I briefly came back to get my Kindle. Fiona was discreetly hiding on the floor between two chairs and Bell was nowhere to be seen. The library is a very small room, so I couldn't imagine where she was. I finally found her on my computer desk behind the monitor.

Shortly after the plumber left, the HVAC techs came. At this point, the girls were all over the condo and I could not lock them in a room. I reassured the techs they would be hiding and they likely wouldn't even see them. I was right. When the girls realized all the "chaos" for the day was finally done, they were happy little campers. They were playing Tom and Jerry and Bell had her purrometer on full blast.

As far as how everything went, all is well. The techs offered some suggestions, but nothing pressing. It was basically just a checkup that they do periodically.

On the puzzle board, I finished a 500-piece puzzle, that I really love. Readers would appreciate it. I'm planning to post my review next week, so stay tuned!

IN THE BOOKS

RECENTLY FINISHED
πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„
I listened to Spellbound, Scones, and Secrets (Southern Magical Bakery 1), by Tonya Kappes. This is a fun and whimsical start to the series and I will definitely continue it. If you like any other Tonya Kappes books and you enjoy a bit of magic, you'll want to read or listen to this one.

πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„
I read Shifting and Shenanigans (Magical Mystery Book Club 1), by Elizabeth Pantley. This has been on my TBR ever since it was published a few years ago. I loved it! My review is set to publish on Tuesday morning. In the meantime, you can read some excerpts here.

IN PROGRESS
I read the chapter titled "Reverse Nesting" in The Comfort of Crows: A Backyard Year, written by Margaret Renkl and illustrated by Billy Renkl. The author compares nature to her own experience with her children growing up and moving out. I do love how nature can relate to our own lives.
I'm listening to Peppermint Cookie Murder (Christmas Catastrophe 1), by Trixie Silvertale. The main character is Cindy Claus, Santa's daughter. She moves to the mortal world and tries to get used to how different things are. With this being a cozy mystery, there's a murder to solve. It's a fun start to the series.
UP NEXT
Bakeries and Buffoonery (Magical Mystery Book Club 4), by Elizabeth Pantley, is still up next. I'll start it later today. Yes, I'm skipping the second and third books for now because book 4 is the one I'm most excited about. I will eventually get to all of them.
ON THE SCREEN
  • Growing Up Brady - This movie was filmed in the 1990's and it's based on the book that Barry Williams ("Greg") wrote. I read that book a while ago, but I don't remember much about it and I think I donated it. The movie mostly focused on Barry's relationship with Maureen McCormick ("Marcia"). There was some focus on how much Robert Reed ("Mike") disliked the silliness of the show. Other characters' stories were touched on, but not much. I wasn't crazy about this movie. I would have liked to have seen more about the show and not so much of Barry and Maureen.
  • The Food That Built America - I'm almost halfway through the current (7th) season and I'm enjoying it as much as I have the previous seasons. Some episodes are a bit repetitive, but it mostly builds on what they've already discussed. This season has covered chocolate, cereal, cheesecake, rice, and more.
  • Absolutely Devoted to You - This was a Hallmark premiere last weekend. It starred Kimberly Sustad, who is one of my favorite Hallmark actresses. The premise was a little unbelievable (which Hallmark movie isn't), but overall I enjoyed it. The leads elevated it.
  • Garage Sale Mysteries - I watched the next two movies - All That Glitters and A Deadly Room. I enjoyed both of these more than the pilot. They made some changes, which I think were for the better. I noticed especially in the first two movies, the camera shakes a lot. There was some improvement in the third one. I guess they were going for a certain vibe, but I found it distracting. I'm excited to continue watching the series.
  • The Way to You - This Hallmark movie was released in February. It's one of my favorites of the year so far and I enjoyed watching it again.
ON THE BLOG
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Caboodle of Cozies. I love reading comments from my readers! In order to prevent spam, all comments are moderated and I try to publish them within 24 hours of when they are submitted.